Tuesday, September 9, 2008

evolution of mobile phones

cell phones.  
we all have them - my mom has one, so does my great uncle, my little cousin, and my 5 year old nephew. 

sometimes it is hard to imagine our world before cell phones, though i have quite the clear recollection of getting my first pager back in the day.

here is a video about the evolution of mobile phones

as designers, keeping up with the most recent developments in the field is paramount to our survival. at the same time, these throw backs to the history of design give us insight as what and how we want to develop our ideas.  in all actuality, though the technology has developed and we are capable of creating more technically advanced products, perhaps the core issues/problems we are trying to solve are the same.

also check out the evolution of gaming controllers

No comments: